This policy discloses the privacy practices for the TPC Web site. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, you can contact the TPC Webmaster.
For more information about online privacy see the Federal Trade Commission Web site called Site Seeing
WHAT INFORMATION DOES TPC COLLECT?
You can visit the TPC Web site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information. The more information you provide, the more we can customize your experience. We may ask for information from you in several ways.
HOW DOES TPC USE MY INFORMATION?
- TPC's registration, information request, and subscription forms require users to give us their contact information (name, title, telephone number, e-mail address, and company/organization name and address).
We use the knowledge gained to modify products and services to meet your needs, to send the information you requested in the format most convenient to you, and to personalize your TPC web experience.
- TPC also captures information from browser cookies.
- Cookies are files written to a customer's disk and read by the http server program so that the server program knows you visited the site before.
- This knowledge allows us to analyze our site, see what is successful or useful, and modify our site based on common needs.
- We may ask you for personal information when you become a registered user of the TPC Web site.
You may be required to register and receive a logon name to be able to access and use certain features of the TPC Web site and to buy products or services.
At that time, TPC may ask for certain required information such as your name, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and other information to process and fulfill your order.
- We also request certain other optional information that enables us to provide you with a more personalized TPC Web site experience.
We will let you know what information is optional, and you decide whether or not you want to provide it.
- We may track information about the type of browser you are using, the URL that you just came from, the next URL you go to, and your IP address.
We use this information to identify trends that may be used to provide information tailored to your interests.
- If you choose to buy products or services on our site, we collect information about your buying behavior.
- We monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us refine and improve the design and layout of our TPC Web site and the user experience.
- If you send us personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask users for feedback to improve our services and products.
If you respond to these requests, we may keep a record of your response.
- We also collect IP addresses for system administration.
We collect personal information to give you a customized experience and to help TPC understand its customers better.
TPC does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
WHO COLLECTS INFORMATION?
- We use your contact information to send you information about our company and to contact you when necessary.
Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings.
Demographic and profile data is collected at our site so that we can tailor the users experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences.
- Use of browser cookies allows us to provide a better, more relevant customer experience, and to regulate Web site functions such as the timing, frequency, and type of advertising.
Cookies may also be used to automate entry into password protected parts of TPC's site, or to automate data entry functions, so that users don't have to re-enter data with each visit.
- We may use the information we collect to notify you from time to time about important functionality changes to the TPC Web site, up-to-date information about TPC services and products, and special offers we think you will find valuable.
- We also research our users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information you give us.
We compile and analyze this information on an aggregate or anonymous basis.
When you supply personal information on a TPC Web site, you share that information only with TPC and Telemedia, Inc., its parent company.
DOES TPC SHARE MY INFORMATION WITH OTHERS?
Other than as stated in this policy, TPC does not disclose any of your personal information to third parties.
TPC may disclose your information where disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights or property rights, the users' rights, or others' rights.
TPC will also disclose information when we reasonably believe disclosure is required by law or to comply with a legal process.
We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that we must act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of TPC, its Web site, or the public.
DO I HAVE A CHOICE ABOUT HOW MY INFORMATION IS USED?
When you log in or register with the TPC Web site, you can choose to receive newsletters, information, and e-mails from TPC.
If you change your mind, you can opt-out of receiving future e-mails.
It's your choice.
You can make decisions about cookies.
You can modify your browser preferences to accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies.
If you decide to reject all cookies, you cannot participate in TPC Web services that require registration to participate.
[Rev. September 15, 2002]