Lesson 1: Scope of the Rigging Activity
Load Travel Path; Load Positioning; Load Weight; Load Dimensions; Attachment Points; Special Handling Requirements; Hazards
– Display knowledge in relation to the scope of rigging activity.
Lesson 2: Planning the Rigging Activity
Rigging Equipment; Removal Criteria; Roles & Responsibilities; Signalperson; Equipment Operator; Lift Director; Sling Tension
– Display knowledge in relation to planning rigging activity.
– Calculate sling tension.
Lesson 3: Selection of Rigging Components
Sling Selection; Rigging Hardware Selection; Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices
– Select the proper sling when presented with different variables including: load, load handling equipment, environment, and more.
– Select proper rigging hardware.
– Identify below-the-hook lifting devices.
Lesson 4: Technical Knowledge
ASME Non-Inspection Standards; OSHA Non-Inspection Regulations
– Understand and apply ASME non-inspection standards.
– Understand and apply OSHA non-inspection regulations.
Lesson 5: Inspection
ASME Periodic Inspection Standards; OSHA Frequent Inspection Regulations
– Understand and apply ASME periodic inspection standards.
– Understand and apply OSHA frequent inspection regulations.
Lesson 6: Execution of Rigging Activity
Sling Use (all types); Rigging Hardware Use; Below-the-Hook Lifting Device Use
– Display proper use of chain, wire rope, metal mesh, synthetic rope, synthetic web, and synthetic round slings.
– Display proper use of shackles, turnbuckles, chain hardware, links, rings, swivels, rigging block, hooks, hoists, dollies, skates, rollers, A-frames, trolley, compression hardware, beam clamps, softeners, eyebolts, swivel hoist rings, and jacks.
– Explain proper use of below-the-hook lifting devices.