TPC Trainco is pleased to announce their participation in the 2016 Southern California Facilities / Managing Green Buildings Conference from May 18-19. At the Conference, TPC Trainco’s Dennis Walker, Vice President of Operations, will deliver a presentation on recent changes to the National Fire Protection Association’s Electrical safety standards as laid out in NFPA 70E®.
Mr. Walker’s presentation will be from 9:35 a.m. - 10:35 a.m and will cover the most important changes to NFPA 70E® made in 2015, including:– Arc flash labeling
– Defining qualified electrical workers
– Determining when PPE is required
– Implementation of revised standards
– Maintenance requirements
– NFPA 70E® electrical work permits
– Revisions to arc flash boundary distance
– Terminology changes to failures greater understanding and awareness of electrical hazards.
In addition, Mr. Walker will examine best practices for electrical safety for employees working with energized equipment and proper PPE requirements.
The 2016 Southern California Facilities Epos takes place at the Anaheim Convention Center in Southern California. Now in its thirtieth year, the Expo offers a wide range of opportunities, including– Cost-efficient, local solutions
– Educational experiences
– Hands-on experience wit cutting-edge technology
– Industry booths
– Networking opportunities.
The Expo caters to a varied base, attracting nationwide attendees from industries as diverse as aerospace manufacturing, education, entertainment, government, healthcare, high-tech manufacturing, hospitality, information technology, retail, utilizes, and more.
** While at the Expo, be sure to stop by the TPC Trainco booth and say hello. We’ll be at booth #101, located near the front of the exhibit.