Lesson 1: Hydraulic & Strand Jacks
Major Considerations; Strand Jacks; Compatible Mast Systems; Jack and Pack Systems; Heavy Duty Proprietary Systems; Elephant Foot Jacks; Gripper-Type Climbing Jacks; Push-Up Mast Systems; Cranes with Strand Jacks
– Analyze the engineering considerations of various types of hydraulic and strand jacks including their common applications.
– Evaluate compatible mast structure construction, features, and common applications.
– Evaluate push-up mast system construction, features, and common applications.
Lesson 2: Telescopic Hydraulic Gantries
Major Considerations; Application & Engineering; Lift Planning; Operations; Stand Jacks on THGS
– Evaluate gantry system components, features, and common applications.
– Interpret a gantry’s hydraulic system including load capacities and limitations, and load combinations.
– Develop and evaluate a stable gantry system design.
– Develop engineering methods and lift plans utilizing gantry systems.
Lesson 3: Modular Lift Towers & Various Systems
Engineering Considerations; Alternative Lift Methods; Layout & Construction Guidelines; Operations
– Determine and develop a rationale for projects that use modular lift towers.
– Evaluate modular lift towers components, features, and common applications.
– Evaluate the major engineering considerations for designing, planning and executing load handling projects with modular lift towers.
Lesson 4: Horizontal Load Handling Systems
Major Considerations; Skidding Systems; Rolling Systems; Alternative Horizontal Rigging Systems
Objectives– Determine and develop a rationale for projects that use horizontal load handling systems.
– Apply engineering principles to horizontal systems such as coefficient of friction, center of gravity, and force.
– Evaluate the major engineering considerations for planning and executing load handling projects with horizontal systems.
– Design a plan for utilizing a rolling system including layout and assembly, and operational execution.