Lesson 1: Statics and Dynamics
Major Considerations; Vectors & Forces; Moments; Structures; Friction; Center of Gravity
– Become familiar with engineering terms regularly used in load handling activities and planning.
– Understand the principles behind basic rigging engineering theory.
– Identify the effect the friction coefficient on multiple surfaces.
– Understand the effects of vectors and forces in the rigging engineering space.
Lesson 2: Basic Structural Analysis & Design
Major Considerations; Stress & Strain; Shear Stress & Shear Strain; Beam Shear & Bending; Centroid, Moment of Inertia; Connections; Columns
– Identify units of stress.
– Determine the maximum shear and bending values in a beam.
– List the modes of riveted joint failure.
– Understand the basics of a factor of safety (also known as a design factor).
Lesson 3: Introduction to Dynamics
Major Considerations; Rectilinear Kinematics; Force & Acceleration; Work & Energy; Derivatives & Integrals
Objectives– Understand the relationship between integrals and derivatives.
– Identify how velocity effects acceleration.
– Name energy’s international standard (SI) units.
Lesson 4: Load Handling Activities
TopicsPrinciples; Definitions; Components; Diagrams; Symbols; Power Calculations
Objectives– Calculate force when provided with variables of area and pressure.
– List all of the factors regulated by a hydraulic motor.
– Calculate work