In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste from cradle to grave. Since then other regulations have followed, including OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. As part of these HAZWOPER Regulations, there are several requirements for employee training that depends on the specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
TPC Training Systems' online and safety video training products HAZWOPER: 40-Hour Training Package provides maintenance employees with the information they need to understand the major areas covered by the regulation. The package of twenty programs provides the comprehensive information needed by employees who are exposed to hazardous substances as a routine part of their jobs, the people who supervise and manage them, and the HAZMAT Incident Commander, and includes:– Understanding HAZWOPER.
– Understanding Chemical Hazards.
– The Emergency Response Plan.
– The Site Safety and Health Plan.
– HAZMAT Labeling.
– Confined Space Entry.
– Personal Protective Equipment.
– Medical Surveillance Programs.
– Monitoring Procedures and Equipment.
– Accidental Release Measures and Spill Cleanup Procedures.
– ANSI MSDS.
– Handling Hazardous Materials.
– Work Practices and Engineering Controls.
– Respiratory Protection.
– Fire Prevention.
– Dealing with the Media in Emergency Situations.
– Safety Orientation.
– Electrical Safety in HAZMAT Environments.
– Heat Stress.
– Decontamination Procedures.
If you require Spanish language or VHS format of our HAZWOPER: 40-Hour Training Package safety training dvd, please contact your TPC Account Manager at 800.837.8872.