In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste from cradle to grave. Since then other regulations have followed, including OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. As part of these regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training, depending on an employee's specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
TPC Training Systems' online and safety video training products on HAZWOPER: The Emergency Response Plan help employees understand how emergency planning can reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in crisis situations.
Topics covered in this industrial safety course include:– The purpose of an Emergency Response Plan.
– The AChain of Command.
– Responsibilities of the Incident Commander.
– Responsibilities of the HAZMAT Specialist.
– Responsibilities of the HAZMAT Technician.
– Responsibilities of the First Responder.
– Communication procedures and the Abuddy system.
– Personal protective equipment.
– and more.
If you require Spanish language or VHS format of our HAZWOPER: Emergency Response Plan safety training dvd, please contact your TPC Account Manager at 800.837.8872.