In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste from cradle to grave. Since then other regulations have followed, including OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. As part of these HAZWOPER Regulations, there are several requirements for employee training that depends on the specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
TPC Training's online and safety video on HAZWOPER: General Training Package provides employees with the information they need to understand the major areas covered by the regulation. The package of twelve programs provides the basis for the special training required by OSHA for HAZMAT employees who are unlikely to be exposed to hazards in excess of permissible exposure limits, and includes:– "Decontamination Procedures"
– "Understanding Chemical Hazards"
– "The Emergency Response Plan"
– "Understanding HAZWOPER"
– "HAZMAT Labeling"
– "Personal Protective Equipment"
– "Medical Surveillance Programs"
– "Confined Space Entry"
– "Monitoring Procedures and Equipment"
– "Accidental Release Measures and Spill Cleanup Procedures"
– "Handling Hazardous Materials"
– "Work Practices and Engineering Controls."
If you require Spanish language or VHS format of our HAZWOPER: General Training Package safety training dvd, please contact your TPC Account Manager at 800.837.8872.