In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste from cradle to grave. Since then other regulations have followed, including OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. As part of these regulations, there are varying requirements for industrial maintenance safety training, depending on an employee's specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
TPC Training Systems' online and safety video training on Understanding HAZWOPER are designed to explain the regulations and to help employees begin to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments.
Topics covered in this industrial safety course include:– History of the HAZWOPER regulations.
– Definitions of hazardous chemicals and waste.
– Container labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs).
– The Site Safety and Health Plan.
– HAZWOPER training requirements.
– The Site Control Program.
– Monitoring of hazardous substances.
– The Medical Surveillance Program.
– and more.
If you require Spanish language or VHS format of our Understanding HAZWOPER safety training dvd, please contact your TPC Account Manager at 800.837.8872.