Lesson 1: Introduction to Lift Planning
Major Considerations; 8 Consideration Points; Analyzing Risk; Modularization; Human Performance Management
– Analyze a lift plan through a strenuous safety framework.
– Develop a risk assessment table, which includes hazard elimination and risk mitigation methods.
– Design a lift planning policy.
– Evaluate the trend of modularization and when modular construction and installation is optimal.
– Optimize load modularization methods.
Lesson 2: Building Lift Plans
Major Considerations; Load Handling Roles & Responsibilities; Load Handling Factors; Preparing a Lift Plan; Lifting Personnel; Lift Planning Meeting; Lift Planning Software Overview
– Identify the responsibilities of personnel involved in lift planning and load handling activities based on regulations and standards.
– Determine responsibility based on the OSHA 29 CFR 1926.1400 regulation and the ASME P30.1 Lift Planning Standard.
– Analyze the 10-points of lift planning framework found in the ASME P30.1 Standard.
–Decide which lift planning software to utilize based on project requirements.
Lesson 3: Executing Lift Plans
Engineering Considerations; Carne Accident Studies and Statistics; Accident Analysis and Case Studies
Objectives– Employ statistical analyses to determine the risk of load handling activities to reduce crane and rigging accidents.
– Evaluate accident categories to better mitigate the