Lesson 1: Global Standards
Major Considerations; ASME B30; ASME P30; ASME BTH-1; Global Standards Comparison
– Identify ASME B30 standards.
– Identify ASME P30 standards for lift planning.
– Identify ASME BTH-1 standards for Below-the-hook lifting devices.
– Explain the different characteristics of global standards.
Lesson 2: Government Regulations
Major Considerations; OSHA 1910; OSHA 1926; Canadian Federal & Provincial Regulations; LOLER & PUWER; Australia; Brazil; Unique Global Regulations; OSHA Interpretations
– Identify government regulations concerning load handling activities and equipment around the world.
– Compare differences in government regulations.
Lesson 3: Industry-Specific Requirements
Major Considerations; NRC; DOE; API
Objectives– Identify industry specific load handling regulations.
– Understand the history and evolution of industry specific requirements.