Lesson 1: Rigging Identification
Basic Terms; Basic Theories; Roles
– Become familiarized with the terms regularly used in rigging applications and inspections.
– Understand the principles behind basic rigging theory.
– Identify different pieces of rigging hardware.
– Understand the different applications for various pieces of rigging equipment.
Lesson 2: Rigging Hardware
Sling Types; Shackles; Master Link; Pry Bar; Wedge Socket; Come-a-longs; Turnbuckle; Swivel Hoist Rings
– Identify different sling types and proper use conditions.
– Identify different types of rigging hardware and their applications.
– List the advantages of different pieces of rigging hardware in unique use cases.
– Understand what to look for to determine if a piece of rigging hardware is fit for service.
Lesson 3: Slings
Chain Slings; Wire Rope Slings; Synthetic Web Slings
– Match wire rope slings to their correct weighted capacity.
– Determine the best sling type for various loads.
– Identify the best sling type for work by industry.
– Understand working load limit (WLL) for different types of sling.
Lesson 4: Hitch Capacities
Hitch Terms; Hitch Types; Rigging Configurations
– Identify hitch drawings by their correct name.
– Understand the relationship between hitch types and WLL.
– Match hitches to their formal titles by description.
– Understand adjustable hitch configurations and their effect on WLL.
Lesson 5: Sling Protection
Sling Protection Standards; Sling Protection Identification; Sling Protection Applications
– Identify manufacturer and ASME codes & standards concerning use of sling protection.
– List seven different types of sling protection.
– Explain the major use cases of sling protection equipment.