Lesson 1: Crane Operations
Crane Types; Crane Parts; Basic Commands; Crane Capacities & Cautions; Protective Devices & Cautions; Protective Devices & Cautions; Additional Responsibilities; Crane Operations Practice
– Become familiarized with best practices when working with a crane operator.
– Outline proper vocabulary of cranes and crane operators.
– Identify a roles and responsibilities in relation to the crane operator.
Lesson 2: Knots, Hitches & Taglines
Overview; Basic Knots; Bowline; Square Knot; Sheet Bend; Basic Hitches; Timber Hitch; Clove Hitch; Double Half Hitch; Taglines;
– Identify different knot types and best practices for use.
– Identify different types of hitches and their applications.
– List the proper terminology concerning knots, hitches, and taglines.
– Understand what to look for to determine if a rigging configuration is appropriate.
Lesson 3: Hand Signals
Crane Operator’s Point-of-View; Basic Hand Signals; Moving the Crane; Tips and Cautions; Special Cases; Practice Hand Signals
– Communicate with a crane operator using hand signals.
– Understand hand signals as a tagline operator.
– Become efficient and effective at giving hand signals.
Lesson 4: Voice Signals
Guidelines; Delivery; Primary Elements; Moving the Load; the Blind Pick; Voice Signals Practice
– Identify basic voice signals.
– Give voice signals efficiently and effectively.
– Understand the responsibilities of a signaler.