In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste from cradle to grave. Since then other regulations have followed, including OSHA's 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. As part of these regulations, there are varying requirements for maintenance employee training, depending on an employee's specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
TPC Training's online and safety video training on Introduction to HAZWOPER Retraining reminds employees who deal with hazardous materials of the importance of identifying, evaluating and controlling chemical hazards.
Topics covered in this industrial safety course include:– Background of the HAZWOPER Regulations.
– The Site Safety and Health Plan.
– The Emergency Response Plan.
– Site characterization and the site control program.
– Systems of controls and standard operating procedures.
– Personal protective equipment.
– Exposure monitoring.
– Decontamination and Medical Surveillance Programs.
– and more.
If you require Spanish language or VHS format of our Introduction to HAZWOPER Retraining safety training dvd, please contact your TPC Account Manager at 800.837.8872.